Easy Dinner Idea
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts- 2 lbs (4-5 trimmed breasts)
- Diced tomatoes- 1 15oz. can
- Condensed chicken stock (like Knorr Homestyle Stock)- 1 tub (or 3 chicken bullion cubes, or 2 cans of Chicken Broth)
- Sliced black olives- 1 small can
- Baby spinach lettuce- 1 12oz. precut ready-to-eat bag
- Gluten-free penne pasta (or regular penne if not gluten-free)- 1 lb
- Poultry Seasoning- 2 tablespoons (or salt & pepper)
- Butter - 3 tablespoons
- Olive oil - about 3 tablespoons
- Place chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a meat tenderizer until thin.
- Heat butter and olive oil together in large heated or non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Season chicken breasts with a poultry seasoning or salt & pepper, and sauté until brown on both sides, approximately 5 minutes each side.
- Remove chicken to paper towel-lined plate.
- Add tomatoes, chicken broth, olives and baby spinach to pan and simmer until spinach is reduced, approximately 4 minutes.
- Add chicken back to sauce and spoon sauce over chicken to let simmer.
- Boil pasta in salted water until tender.
- Before draining pasta, dip a glass measuring cup or coffee cup into pot and scoop out 1 cup of pasta water.
- Drain pasta and transfer to serving bowl.
- Add about half of pasta water to pasta reserving half in case pasta becomes dry.
- Place chicken on top of pasta.
- Pour sauce over the chicken and pasta.