Reincarnate The Leftover
This recipe is made with leftover cooked chicken or pork chops, or, as part of our Weekly Meal Plan.
- Leftover cooked chicken or pork chops- about 2-3 cups
- Penne pasta- 1 lb
- Queso-fresco cheese- 1 round
- Diced green chiles- 4 7oz. cans
- Cilantro- 1 bunch leaves pulled from stems with one “twist-and-pull”
- Boil pasta in salted water until tender.
- In blender, combine green chiles (not drained), three-quarter of the cheese leaving out about a fourth to crumble on top, and cilantro.
- Blend on medium until it becomes a sauce; do not over-blend; be careful not to puree it.
- Before draining pasta, use a glass measuring cup or coffee cup to scoop out about 1 cup of the cooking water.
- Drain pasta and return to pan.
- Add pasta water back to pasta.
- Pour sauce from blender over pasta.
- Add cooked chicken or pork chops to pasta.
- Serve topped with remaining cheese, hand-crumbled.