Reincarnate The Leftover
This is the perfect Friday-night family fun recipe made with leftover cooked chicken from the week and with leftover cooked rice, or from our Weekly Meal Plan.
- Leftover cooked chicken, chopped- 2-3 cups
- Brown rice tortillas (or flour if not gluten-free)
- Shredded cheddar/Monterey cheese- 16 oz. (2 cups)
- Salsa- 1 12oz. jar or 2 7oz. cans salsa casera
- Green onions, trimmed and diced
- Sour cream- 1 pint
- Leftover cooked white rice- 2 cups
- Set out tortillas, chicken and all garnishes including cheese, green onions and sour cream.
- Set out only half of salsa (or 1 of the 7oz. cans) for garnish.
- Allow each person to individually assemble quesadillas and cook in oven or quesadilla maker until brown.
- Heat oil in heated or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add rice and remaining salsa.
- Saute rice with salsa until it starts to become crunchy, approximately 6 minutes.
No comments yet.