The Holidays Enjoyed
Christmas Eve. New Year’s Celebration. Hostess Gifts. Last-Minute Holiday Entertaining. My recipe for Homemade Holiday Spice Sangria is perfect for all holiday occasions.
Eat, Drink and Be Frugal
If you enjoy serving wine to guests for the holidays, the cost for bottled wine can certainly add up. Having a batch of this holiday wine elixir on hand is not only more affordable, it makes a visually stunning holiday presentation and is absolutely delicious.
Toni’s Homemade Holiday Spice Sangria Recipe
- Basic Red Table Wine- I use a gallon of a basic red wine that I find in bulk at Costco. Trader Joe’s also has great deals for basic red table wine over the holidays.
- Cranberry Juice- 1 bottle
- Brandy- a little more than half a bottle (save some for your eggnog!)
- Oranges- 3 or 4 large; sliced and halved (into half-moon shapes)
- Pears- 3 or 4 large; sliced
- Cinnamon Sticks- 4 or 5 whole
- Cranberries, fresh- 12 oz.
- Whole Cloves- put into a tea bag
- Combine ingredients in large mason or Sangria Jar
- Let this mixture “steep” for a 2-3 days in a cool place. If you live someplace cold, you can just leave it outside, unless it will freeze.
This year I found the perfect carafes from Rubbermaid to bottle my sangria in to give to friends, neighbors and family. It made great hostess gifts this year for holiday parties I attended.
Simply add a ribbon with a gift tag and you have a beautiful hostess gift for holiday parties.
For an added touch, place a copy of the sangria recipe on the back of the gift tag card. To download a copy of the recipe for your gift tags: DOWNLOAD SANGRIA RECIPE
Serve and Enjoy! Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year To You!
Toni Spilsbury, The Organized Cook