- whole chicken- 5lbs
- lemons- 2
- cinnamon sticks- 2
- fresh rosemary sprigs- 4
- poultry seasoning (like Lawry’s perfect blend), or a combination of salt, pepper, paprika and thyme
- butter- 2 tbspns (to sauté chicken)
- milk- 2 cups
- Remove and discard neck from chicken then rinse and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Season chicken generously with poultry seasoning.
- Melt butter over medium-high heat in Dutch oven or large skillet that can be transferred to oven.
- Saute chicken in butter breast side up first for 20 minutes until brown, then turn over with breast side down
- Add milk, zest from both lemons, juice from one lemon, cinnamon sticks and rosemary.
- Heat oven to 325⁰.
- Cover chicken with oven-safe lid or aluminum foil and transfer to oven to cook for 45 minutes.
- Remove lid and cook for an additional 30 minutes or until internal thermometer reaches 160⁰.
- Serve chicken carved with sauce from pan spooned over the top.
Reincarnate The Leftover
Don’t throw out leftover roasted chicken! Instead, reincarnate it into something fabulous like Lemon-Basil Chicken Bake:
Meal Planning For Busy Families
Le Creuset Enameled Cast-Iron 7-1/4-Quart Round French Oven, Cherry Red
I had been wanting the Le Creuset cookware set for some time but had always let the price deter me from purchasing. Then I realized that buying these beautiful pots was well worth the investment. Made in France, each pot is cast iron and enamel coated, so no worrying about chemicals leaking into your food.
I love the way my food cooks in them, especially my French Oven. The cast iron heats up and keeps a steady temperature to cook the food and is perfect for stews and braising.
Email this to a Friend