Healthy Family Dinner Recipe
- 1. salmon filet- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs (will need more if making extra for Salmon Salad Croissants)
- 2. lemon- 1, sliced into thin slices
- 3. potatoes, russet or gold- 2-3 large, peeled and diced into chunks
- 4. garlic- whole clove, peeled
- 5. sour cream- 1 cup (8 oz.)
- 6. baby carrots- 1lb ready-to-eat bag
- 7. butter- 3 tbspns
- 8. olive oil- 2 tbspns
- 9. minced garlic- 1 tspn
- 10. dried dill- 1 teaspoon (or fresh)
- 11. salt
- 12. butter- 3tbspns
- 13. salt
- 14. Carrots:
- 15. butter- 2 tbspns
- 16. brown sugar- 2 tbspns
- 17. salt
- 18. dried parsley
- Melt butter in measuring cup or microwave-safe bowl.
- Add olive oil and garlic then mix well.
- Place salmon in large shallow baking dish; make sure salmon is clean and patted dry.
- Pour butter mixture over salmon.
- Season with dill.
- Place lemon slices over the top.
- If marinating ahead of time, cover the salmon and place in refrigerator to marinate.
- Heat oven to 375⁰.
- Bake salmon, uncovered, until brown on top, approximately 25-30 minutes.
- For a crispy top, turn oven from bake to broil during last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Boil potato chunks together with garlic cloves in salted water until tender, approximately 20 minutes.
- Drain water; add butter, sour cream and salt to taste.
- Mash well with a potato masher.
- In medium skillet bring carrots, ½ cup water, butter and brown sugar to a boil.
- Once boiling, cover and reduce heat to simmer until most of water is absorbed, approximately 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and dried parsley.
Reincarnate The Leftover