Homemade Sloppy Joe’s Recipe
I made Homemade Sloppy Joe’s for the very first time, proving wrong my misperception that were unhealthy. By using fresh ingredients like red, orange and yellow bell peppers along with fresh celery and lean ground beef, my conscious was clear as I served up this family dinner classic that takes only minutes to prepare.
- ground beef- 1- 1 1/2 lbs
- red, orange & yellow bell peppers- 1 each, deseeded and diced fine
- onion- 1 large, peeled and minced
- celery- 2 stalks, diced fine
- chili sauce- 12 oz.
- hamburger buns
- salt & pepper
- worcestershire sauce- 4 tbspns
- Brown meat and season with salt & pepper
- I only used half of the diced bell peppers and onions, storing half for tomorrow dinner recipe from The Organized Cook Weekly Meal Plan System
- Add bell pepper, minced onion and diced celery to ground beef and cook until tender, approximately 2 minutes
- Add chili sauce and Worcestershire sauce and cook until hot, approximately 2 more minutes
- Serve on buns
Homemade Sloppy Joes are delicious served with these simple and healthy side dishes:
Meal Planning For Busy Families
Homemade Sloppy Joe’s are on the menu in Weekly Meal Plan- Peggy Sue’s Diner. Let The Organized Cook do the planning and organization for you in this meal plan including menu, grocery shopping list, recipes and easy-to-follow instructions. Purchase individually for $6.99.
Subscribe To The Organized Cook Weekly Meal Plan System
Save money by becoming a subscriber to The Organized Cook Weekly Meal Plan System for only $12.99 per month (that’s over 50% savings from purchasing the meal plans individually). Cancel at any time. Subscribe now.
[…] Homemade Sloppy Joes: […]