Vegetable Lasagna Recipe
- zucchini & yellow squash- 1, sliced into 1/8 inch slices
- fresh baby spinach lettuce- 12 oz.
- lasagna pasta- 1 lb (use corn tortillas for a gluten-free version)
- olive oil- 3 tablespoons
- butter- 1 tablespoon
- minced garlic- 1 teaspoon
- fresh or dried parsley- 1 teaspoon, or use Herb Ice Cubes
- ricotta cheese- 8 oz.
- Parmesan cheese- 1 cup
- 1 egg
- Instead of using ricotta, parmesan egg mixture, use 1 jar alfredo sauce
- Boil pasta in salted water until tender.
- Heat olive oil, butter and garlic and herbs in heated or non-stick skillet.
- Saute zucchini and squash in oil and butter until slightly soft, approximately 3 minutes.
- Add spinach and saute until reduced, approximately 3 more minutes.
- Drain pasta.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Drop a spoonful of sauce in the bottom of the casserole pan, then place layer of pasta noodles on the bottom over the sauce.
- Add a layer of vegetables on top of the pasta.
- Add a layer of cheese sauce over the vegetables.
- Keep layering noodles, vegetable and sauce, then cover completely with a layer of noodles topped with some sauce and sprinkled with shredded Parmesan cheese
- Bake until brown and cooked thoroughly, approximately 40 minutes.
When I think of Fall Recipes, I think of casseroles, slow-cooker favorites and Fall vegetables like spinach, broccoli, brussels sprouts, zucchini and squash. This week’s Weekly Meal Plan from The Organized Cook highlights many of my favorite Fall vegetables starting with Fall Vegetable Lasagna- or as I like to call it- “Fallsagna”.
Meal Planning For Busy Families