Love. Hope. Peace. Cheer. Wrap a Christmas gift, help save the planet and give back to the community; all at the same time? I found these reusable shopping bags at Albertsons that are adorable as Christmas gift bags. It gets even better. For every bag you purchase, Albertsons donates 10% to local charities. At $1.99 each, I’m thinking these reusable bags are cheaper than traditional gift bags, plus I’m helping the community and the environment. That’s something to cheer about.Email this to a Friend
Archive | Saving Money RSS feed for this section
They say that we humans use only 10% of our brains at any given time. I think the same may be true for our clothes. As a busy mom, it’s easy for me to not only fall into ruts in routines, but ruts in what I wear; I like to call my most comfortable outfits my “mom uniform”. But I’m only using about 10% of my wardrobe. What am I saving the other 90% for? Don’t they also say that life is not a rehearsal? Why am I choosing such visually uninspiring clothes every day? I used to think the answer was to head to the mall and buy more clothes; but all I was doing was diluting that 10%. This is where the one dreaded task of cleaning out the clothes closet can accomplish so many things. When I clean out my closet, I look at it as an opportunity to “go shopping” at the same time…instead of spending money, I’m spending only time. When I shop in the stores I feel inspired; so when I shop in my closet I do things to inspire me as well like:
1.) Bring a fashion magazine into your closet to see if you can put together looks with pieces you already have. You might be surprised at how many clothes you don’t need to buy!
2.) If the item doesn’t inspire you, donate it.Email this to a Friend
If your family is like mine, they sometimes snub the idea of eating leftovers. What you’re often left with is a lot of food to throw out at the end of the week. Monday night’s lemon-pepper pork chops may have been fabulous, but lose their appeal when the label “leftover” is placed on them. However, when those same pork chops are reincarnated into Pork-Fried Rice on Wednesday, they take on new meaning. Your London Broil may become your Philly Cheesesteak sandwich, and your vegetable sauté may become the topping on your Thai Shrimp Pizza, or your Rice Pilaf may become your Egg Fried Rice.
Don’t throw away your leftovers. Give them a whole new life and taste appeal.Email this to a Friend
The Organized Cook™ Weekly Meal Plan
Buy The Book
Get your copy now!
Three months of our most popular menus from The Organized Cook™ Weekly Meal Plan System including grocery shopping lists, cooking instructions and lots of time and money saving tips in one book that's easy to fit in your purse.
Start saving now! Save time and money at the grocery store and in the kitchen. Order Now.