Apples For Dinner?
Why not. If you anticipate throwing away uneaten apples, make them into a family dinner side dish before they go bad.
When I see a few apples that are past their prime, I’ll make this simple recipe to serve alongside a casserole or hearty entree, like Chicken-Fried Steak.
- apples- 3-4, diced into 1/2-inch chunks
- cinnamon, ground- 2 tspns
- salt- 1 tspn
- brown sugar- 3 tbspns
- butter- 3 tbspns
- Place in saucepan with cinnamon; cover with water and a dash of salt
- Boil over medium-high heat until tender, approximately 6 minutes
- Drain water from pan and transfer apples to a serving bowl;mix in butter and brown sugar
No comments yet.