Mornings are the most hectic time of my day. I can’t help the way my mind works, but I have found myself actually grading how well I did that morning: did I “pass” or “fail?” I don’t grade myself based on whether or not we got there on time, or if I forgot an important item (that’s going to happen from time to time). Rather, if I kept my cool and my smile, I got the “pass.”
Believe me, I’ve had my fair share of “fails” and it leaves me feeling like I want a do-over for that morning. To help ensure I have more pass than fail days, I keep organization at the forefront of my routine. The more organized I am, the more smoothly my morning is, and the more time I have for last-minute tasks.
Here are some tips to ensure a smooth-running morning:
1. Go through and organize backpacks the night before. Nothing will jam up your morning like a last minute unsigned permission slip or notice that it’s “pajama day.”
2. Keep backpacks, coats and other school items in the same spot so kids aren’t off searching for them at the last minute.
3. Pick out clothes the night before and be sure to check the weather.
4. Establish clear routines for your children … the more they help, the easier it is for you.
5. Give kids incentives to help you stay on task.Email this to a Friend