- asparagus- 1 1/2 lbs, trimmed
- butter- 3 tablespoons
- flour- 2 tablespoons
- chicken broth- 1 15oz. can or 2 cups
- heavy cream- 1 cup
- brie cheese- 7 oz.
- saute asparagus in butter until tender, approximately 3 minutes
- add flour and saute until flour mixes with butter to make a roux
- add broth and cream; bring to a boil
- transfer asparagus with fluid to blender and blend until asparagus is completely mixed in with fluid to form soup, but do not over-blend
- return soup to pan and bring back to boil
- add brie cheese and mix until melted, approximately 2 minutes
This soup honestly photographed so well, I couldn’t decide on just one image.
Asparagus makes the perfect Spring dish, with many local farmers markets and grocery stores offering great deals on this healthy vegetable.
My mother, who has always disliked soup, absolutely loves my Asparagus Brie Soup. I made it first for her years ago when she was recovering from surgery, and now it’s the only soup she’ll eat.
Check out more of our favorite “Spring Green” recipes:Email this to a Friend