This is the perfect recipe for kids to help make for mother’s day or father’s day. I always make this cake for breakfast the day after Thanksgiving, and it’s the recipe people ask me for the most.
Here’s the recipe:
- 4 tbspns butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 cup sugar mixed with 1/4 cup cinnamon
- refrigerated buttermilk biscuits- 2 canisters
- frozen berries, like blueberries and/or strawberries- 16 oz.
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, or juice squeezed from 2 lemons
- heat oven to 350 degrees
- grease a bundt-cake pan with butter
- pour frozen berries into bundt-cake pan
- slice biscuits in half
- dip each biscuit piece into lemon juice then roll in cinnamon-sugar before placing in pan on top of the berries
- once pan is full of biscuit pieces, press down to firm
- bake until cooked thoroughly, approximately 45-50 minutes