Call me crazy, but I prefer my Thanksgiving side dishes to taste more like dinner and less like dessert. I created this recipe last year after a half-decade of trying to come up with a sweet potato recipe that I liked.
And here it is- my Not-So-Sweet Potato Casserole. This easy recipe is also a part of my Toni’s 12 Days of Thanksgiving.
Toni’s Not-So-Sweet Potato Casserole
- Sweet potatoes- 2 1lb cans
- Butter- ½ cup (1 stick) plus a few tbspns more to pour on top
- Marshmallows- 1 bag
- Brown sugar- ¼ cup
- Dried sage and thyme- 1 tspn each
- Melt butter in microwave
- Combine sweet potatoes, melted butter, ½ of marshmallows, sugar and herbs
- Beat until smooth
- Transfer to casserole dish and pour remaining marshmallows and drizzle melted butter on top
This recipe can be made in advance and stored before bringing out on Thanksgiving Day to bake. I make mine about two days in advance.
- Bake on 375 for 30-45 minutes
No comments yet.