It’s Day 11 of Toni’s 12 Days of Thanksgiving and it’s time to make our Not-So-Sweet Potato Casserole. It’s also time to set our Mushroom White-Wine Shallot Sauce in the refrigerator to thaw.
Toni’s Not-So-Sweet Potato Casserole
This simple recipe can be made today and stored in the refrigerator in a casserole dish to bake and serve on Thanksgiving Day.
- Sweet potatoes- 2 1lb cans
- Butter- ½ cup (1 stick) plus a few tbspns more to pour on top
- Marshmallows- 1 bag
- Brown sugar- ¼ cup
- Dried sage and thyme- 1 tspn each
- Melt butter in microwave
- Combine sweet potatoes, melted butter, ½ of marshmallows, sugar and herbs
- Beat until smooth
- Transfer to casserole dish and pour remaining marshmallows and drizzle melted butter on top
This recipe can be made in advance and stored before bringing out on Thanksgiving Day to bake. I make mine about two days in advance.
- Bake at 375 for 30-45 minutes
Toni’s 12-day guide breaks up the overwhelming job of preparing for Thanksgiving Dinner into small daily tasks, allowing busy moms to spend the holiday enjoying family and friends instead of slaving away at the stove. With daily tips, recipes and videos, Toni will help make this holiday less stressful. Sign up now for Toni’s weekly newsletters to receive “Toni’s 12 Days of Thanksgiving”. Sign up here.
Don’t forget about our Black Friday special for The Organized Cook Weekly Meal Plan System. The biggest discount-ever- for this monthly subscription that brings you the most recent meal plans straight to your inbox each week is 70% off for one day only!
No comments yet.