Shopping at Trader Joe’s over the weekend, I picked up a container of beautiful heirloom tomatoes. I admired the array of colors these tomatoes covered- red, yellow, purple and green- and wondered what I could make with them.
After grabbing some fresh avocados and a pound of brown rice pasta, I headed home to try out this simple recipe.
- colorful heirloom cherry tomatoes- 1 pint, sliced in half lengthwise
- avocados- 2 ripe, diced into chunks
- brown rice pasta- 1 pound
- garlic- 2 cloves, minced
- olive oil- 1/2 cup
- lemon juice- 1 tablespoon (or juice squeezed from 1/4 lemon)
- heat oven to Broil
- bring salted water to boil in large pasta pan
- place tomato slices on baking sheet
- drizzle tomatoes with olive oil and dust with salt
- roast tomatoes in oven until they begin to char, approximately 7 minutes
- once water is boiling, add pasta and cook until tender
- once pasta is tender, drain and rinse under cool water (I only rinse pasta when making a cold salad or if it's brown rice)
- heat olive oil in large heated saute pan
- add pasta, tomatoes (with drippings), garlic and avocado to saute until pasta is just warm, only about 2 minutes
- transfer to serving bowl
Try our slideshow maker at Animoto.
Email this to a Friend