Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Homemade cranberry sauce is probably the easiest recipe to make on your Thanksgiving menu, so don’t be tempted to purchase the canned version! It’s Day 6 of Toni’s 12 Days of Thanksgiving and the perfect time to make Toni’s Perfect Cranberry Sauce- watch the video below for a cooking demonstration of this simple recipe.
Homemade cranberry sauce can be made and stored well in advance without having to freeze because you’re essentially making a sugared jelly out of the fresh cranberries. This recipe for cranberry sauce has never let me down which is why I call it “perfect”.
Toni’s Perfect Cranberry Sauce
This sauce recipe will serve between 6-8 people, so double or triple the recipe if you’re cooking for more people.
- 3 cups cranberries (1 12oz. bag)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup agave nectar or 1 cup sugar
- Cinnamon sticks- 2
- Combine all ingredients in saucepan; cook over medium heat stirring constantly
- Be amazed at how beautiful the cranberries look when they soften and begin to pop
- Once cranberries are completely softened and have popped (about 10-12 minutes), remove from heat, cool
- Remove cinnamon sticks before serving or stick them up in the sauce for decoration
If you haven’t signed up for Toni’s 12 Days of Thanksgiving yet, to get daily videos, tips and recipes, sign up below:
Don’t forget about our Black Friday special for The Organized Cook Weekly Meal Plan System. The biggest discount-ever- for this monthly subscription that brings you the most recent meal plans straight to your inbox each week is 70% off for one day only! Order now.
Email this to a Friend