2011 brought many new friends into my life. Recently, a few of them came over for coffee, which soon approached lunch. What better time to try out a new recipe on new friends?
In fact, many who work with me will tell you that my kitchen is my office, and I love to cook and experiment during work meetings. So, anyone who attends one of my working meetings will end up being a guinea pig for a new recipe at some point. Today’s new recipe- Bacon, Spinach and Pear Sandwich with Cranberries and Red Wine Sauce I believe got the thumbs-up for approval.
Toni’s Bacon, Spinach and Pear Sandwich with Cranberries and Red Wine Sauce aka: “The BLT- Reinvented” Recipe
- Whole Grain Bread- 10 slices (for 5 sandwiches)
- Olive Oil- 2 tablespoons
- Bacon- 1 lb
- Almond Butter (or Peanut Butter)
- Baby Spinach Lettuce- 8 oz.
- Pears- 2, sliced
- Dried Cranberries- 1 cup
- Dijon Mustard- 1/3 cup
- Red Wine Vinegar- 3 tablespoons
- Heat olive oil over in heated skillet over medium-high heat
- Cook bacon in olive oil until crispy on both sides
- Spread almond butter (or peanut butter) onto both slices of bread
- Top with cooked bacon
- Top with spinach, pear slices and dried cranberries
- Do not clean skillet
- In same skillet, heat oil and bacon grease over medium-high heat
- Add dijon and vinegar and cook until sauce forms, approximately 2 minutes
- Drizzle sauce over spinach, pears and cranberries
Photo Tutorial Directions:
1. Heat olive oil over medium-high heat
2. Cook bacon in olive oil
3. Spread almond butter (or peanut butter) on bread
4. Top with bacon
5. Top with spinach, pear slices and dried cranberries
6. For sauce, do not clean skillet. Heat oil and bacon grease over medium-high heat and add dijon and vinegar; cook until sauce forms, approximately 3 minutes. Drizzle sauce over sandwich.
Email this to a Friend