Recipe For A Simple Breakfast
It’s true. My Sunrise Breakfast Bowl recipe requires only one muffin pan. There are no spoons, bowls, spatulas or skillets to clean which makes this the perfect breakfast recipe for kids to make.
Kids are proud to make breakfast, but tiny hands are not well suited for frying, flipping or boiling.
My girls love to cook and could crack an egg before they were out of diapers, so they’re able to make this easy recipe almost completely on their own with just a little help getting the muffin tin in and out of the oven.
Sunrise Breakfast Bowls
- Whole grain bread- 12 slices with crust taken off
- Eggs- 1 dozen
- Bacon- 1 package precooked bacon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Grease a muffin tin with butter and place one slice of bread into each hole pressing down in the middle.
3. Crack one egg directly onto each slice of bread.
4. Heat bacon in the microwave according to directions (about 1 minute) and place one cooked slice into each egg
Yes, I use the precooked bacon and am proud of it. I love cooking with- and eating- bacon but hate bacon grease… what a lovely invention, this precooked stuff. Let someone else clean the grease!
5. Bake until egg is just cooked, or until desired consistency- yolk runny, about 10 minutes; slightly runny, about 13 minutes and cooked thoroughly, about 17 minutes
Serve with fresh fruit.
More Savory & Sweet Breakfast Ideas
Looking for more breakfast ideas?
For a “sweet” and simple breakfast that kids can make, try our “Berry Perfect Coffee Cake” and video:
For a “savory” breakfast idea, our Steak & Egg Open-Face Sandwich with Pan Gravy is perfect for Father’s Day:
For more information about The Organized Cook Weekly Meal Plan System, visit:
Email this to a Friend