Fall Dinner Recipe
- small to medium pumpkin- 1
- celery- 2-3 stalks, trimmed and diced
- fresh sliced mushrooms- 1 container
- vegetable oil- a few tablespoons
- rotisserie chicken- (chicken pulled from one store-bought cooked rotisserie chicken)
- dried rosemary and dried thyme- 1 teaspoon each (or a tablespoon of poultry seasoning)
- cream of chicken soup- 1 can
- cream of celery soup- 1 can
- cooked brown rice- 2 cups
- Wash off outside of the pumpkin.
- Cut off top of the pumpkin and save, and thoroughly clean out seeds and pulp.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, saute celery and mushrooms in oil until tender.
- Add chicken and season with rosemary, thyme and a little salt & pepper.
- Stir in soup.
- Simmer for just a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cooked rice.
- Spoon mixture into clean pumpkin shell.
- Replace pumpkin’s top.
- Place filled pumpkin onto a baking sheet.
- Bake one hour or until meat of the pumpkin is tender.
- Put pumpkin onto a serving plate, remove pumpkin “lid” and serve casserole!
- Make sure to scoop out and eat the cooked pumpkin – Enjoy!
For a quick cooking demonstration of this recipe, check out this video from Toni Spilsbury, The Organized Cook.