In our house, summertime brings swim parties, barbeques and lots of fun. To celebrate the end of summer, I’m throwing a luau swim party for the girls with a few friends and have found the perfect recipe to serve- Tropical Coconut Pizza with Dole Tropical Fruit.
Dole Coconut Pizza Recipe
- 1 container (8 oz.) cream cheese with pineapple, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup thawed whipped topping
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 can (15.25 oz.) DOLE Tropical Fruit, drained
- 1 cup sliced DOLE Strawberries
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Fold in whipped topping and coconut.
- Line baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Spread cream cheese mixture into 8-inch circle, on baking sheet, building up sides slightly with back of spoon.
- Freeze 4 hours or until firm.
- Place cream cheese crust on serving plate.
- Garnish crust with additional toasted coconut, if desired.
- Arrange tropical fruit, strawberries and kiwi on crust.
- Serve immediately.
- For more Dole recipes, check out http://recipes.dole.com/
Per Serving: 212 calories, 12g fat (9g sat.), 22mg cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (2g dietary fiber, 15g sugars), 2g protein, 6% Vit A, 42% Vit C, 5% calcium, 2% iron, 5% potassium, 2% folate
Shopping at Safeway for Dole fruit was a piece of (fruit) cake. I felt like a VIP when the produce manager saw me shopping for Dole Strawberries and asked if I would like to sample them first. He opened a carton and pulled out a knife to trim the tops handing one to each of my daughters first.
After picking up fresh fruit like Dole Strawberries, Dole bananas and kiwi, I headed to the canned fruit isle to find Dole Mandarin Oranges.
Preparing the fruit pizza took just minutes, but must be done ahead of time to give the crust time to freeze.
This is the perfect recipe for kids to help make- my girls enjoyed mixing the cream cheese and arranging the fruit. Stay tuned for photos from our small luau when our guests get to sample this delicious summertime treat. For more photos, check out my Google+ album!
I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Dole #CBias #SocialFabric”. All opinions here are very much my own.
Email this to a Friend