White Chocolate Buttered Popcorn
The secret to making amazing chocolate-covered popcorn is this- butter. The salty butter is the perfect contrast to sweet chocolate; so the more butter- the better! This mouth-watering recipe is super simple, and I’m making a platter of it this year for Valentine’s Day. Although, it can be made anytime of the year.
White Chocolate Buttered Popcorn Recipe
- buttered popcorn- 10-12 cups popped
- white chocolate- 16 oz.
- canola oil- 3 tablespoons
- pink food coloring
- melt chocolate with oil in a double-boiler, fondue pot, or small pan over a medium-sized pan of boiling water.
- In small batches, drizzle chocolate over popcorn and loosely toss with big spoons or hands, then transfer to a platter
- once all the popcorn is on the platter, the chocolate will begin to dry and form the mold that was made with the popcorn while it was still melted
- take half of the remaining melted chocolate on a spoon and drizzle over the top of the popcorn using swift motion
- add a few drops of food coloring to the remaining melted chocolate; if it begins to harden, add more oil
- drizzle pink chocolate over the top using the same motion
- let dry
Looking for a healthier Valentine’s Day recipe? Try my “I Heart Homemade Granola”, for a heart-healthy treat.