Need an easy breakfast for surprise weekend company? I do.
This hearty one-dish breakfast is so easy to make.
Toni’s Breakfast Frittata
You can use any combination of the sausage, mushrooms and spinach below.
- Breakfast sausage- 1 lb
- Sliced mushrooms- 1 pint
- Spinach leaves- 1 small pre-cut ready to eat bag
- Eggs- 1 dozen, scrambled, or 1 large carton of Egg Beaters
- Shredded mozzarella cheese- a couple handfuls
- Tomatoes- 1 or 2, sliced
- Dried parsley for garnish
- In paella pan or any large skillet that can be transferred to the oven, cook sausage with a meat masher in a couple tablespoons oil until just beginning to brown
- Add mushrooms and saute with sausage until mushrooms are tender and sausage is completely brown
- Throw a handful or two of spinach leaves on top
- Sprinkle cheese on top of spinach
- Pour egg mixture over the top
- Lay sliced tomatoes on top of egg
- Sprinkle with dried parsley
- Heat oven to Broil
- Let egg cook until it begins to set; the sides will begin to firm, approximately 6 minutes
- Transfer to oven and Broil until top begins to brown, approximately 4 minutes
- Slice like pizza to serve