- red kidney beans, dry- 1 lb
- onion- 1 small, minced
- bell pepper- diced
- celery- 2 stalks, diced fine
- gourmet kielbasa- 1-2 lbs (I use Cavanaugh Gourmet Kielbasa)
- long-grain rice- 1½ cups
- bay leaf- 1
- thyme- 1 teaspoon
- oregano- 1 tablespoon
- paprika- 1 tablespoon
- salt & pepper- 1 teaspoon each
- Place beans in slow cooker.
- Add onion, pepper and celery mixture.
- Add bay leaf, thyme, oregano, paprika and salt & pepper.
- Cook on high at least six hours.
- Bring 1½ cups rice and 3 cups water to boil over medium-high heat.
- Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Let simmer until all water is absorbed, approximately 15 minutes.
- Grill kielbasa on indoor grill, outdoor grill or in oven on Broil until brown, approximately 6 minutes.
- Serve beans over rice topped with sausage.
Email this to a Friend