I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.
Some of my favorite summer recipes are one-dish meals with summer vegetables like tomatoes and bell pepper. Whether I’m entertaining or cooking up a tasty dinner for just my family, this recipe for my Spanish Chicken & Seafood Paella always comes to mind.
It’s simple to make and comes out even better when cooked in a traditional paella pan.
Hunt’s uses a unique flashsteam peeling method for their diced tomatoes, so I chose Hunt’s Diced Tomatoes with Rosemary & Oregano for an extra garden flavor in the tomato sauce section at Walmart.
Spanish Chicken & Seafood Paella with Hunt’s Tomatoes Recipe
- Chorizo- 1 lb
- onion, yellow- 1 medium, diced
- red bell pepper- 1, diced
- green bell pepper- 1, diced
- long grain rice- 2 cups
- Hunt’s Diced Tomatoes with Rosemary & Oregano- 1 14oz. can
- Hun’ts Tomato Paste- 1 can
- chicken broth- 1 quart (32 oz.)
- cooked chicken, chopped
- cooked shrimp, medium- 1 lb, tails removed
- olive oil- 3 tablespoons
- spanish saffron- a pinch
- Heat a oil in large heated deep skillet or paella pan over medium-high heat.
- Add bell peppers and onions along with chorizo to sauté until peppers are tender.
- Add rice, diced tomatoes, tomato paste and saffron to sauté for another minute.
- Add chicken broth and bring to boil.
- Once boiling, lay chicken and shrimp on top then cover the pan (if you’re using a paella pan without a lid, you can use aluminum foil to cover), reduce heat to low.
- Simmer until rice has absorbed liquid, approximately 25 minutes.
More great recipes with tomatoes and information can be found at hunts.com and readyseteat.com. You can also follow Hunt’s on Facebook by clicking here: Follow Hunt’s on Facebook or by following our campaign at #DinnerDone and #CollectiveBias.