- Chorizo- 1 lb
- onion, yellow- 1 medium, diced
- red bell pepper- 1, diced
- green bell pepper- 1, diced
- long grain rice- 2 cups
- diced tomatoes with green chiles- 1 14oz. can
- tomato paste- 3 tablespoons
- chicken broth- 1 quart (32 oz.)
- cooked chicken, chopped (I use leftover chicken from one of my recipes like Chicken Under A Brick)
- cooked shrimp, medium- 1 lb, tails removed
- • olive oil- 3 tablespoons
- • spanish saffron- a pinch
- Heat a oil in large heated deep skillet or paella pan over medium-high heat.
- Add bell peppers and onions along with chorizo to sauté until peppers are tender.
- Add rice, diced tomatoes, tomato paste and saffron to sauté for another minute.
- Add chicken broth and bring to boil.
- Once boiling, lay chicken and shrimp on top then cover the pan (if you’re using a paella pan without a lid, you can use aluminum foil to cover), reduce heat to low.
- Simmer until rice has absorbed liquid, approximately 25 minutes.
This is the perfect recipe to make with leftover cooked chicken.
Weekly Meal Planning For Busy Families