Easy Thanksgiving Side Dish
My Thanksgiving planning guide “Toni’s 12 Days of Thanksgiving” centers around cooking Thanksgiving Dinner for a large group. But what if you just need to make a side dish? Do you take the traditional green bean casserole, or sweet potato pie? Here’s a side dish that’s easy, affordable and delicious.
- 5-6 large carrots, sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 4 cups seasoned breadcrumbs
- onion- 1, minced
- shredded cheddar cheese- 2 cups
- milk- 2 cups
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F
- Place carrots, breadcrumbs and onion in alternate layers in a buttered casserole dish.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover with cheese.
- Pour milk over the top.
- Bake until bubbly and brown, and carrots are tender approximately 1 hour.
Toni’s 12 Days of Thanksgiving
If you’re not signed up get my videos, recipes and tips via email, you can sign up below: