This simple and mild recipe for Fire Rice gets its name from the color- not the flavor. With vibrant red, orange and yellow bell peppers, I couldn’t think of a more appropriate name for this delicious side dish.
Fire Rice Recipe
- cooked long-grain rice- 2-3 cups (this recipe is perfect with leftover steamed rice)
- red, orange and yellow bell peppers- diced fine
- cilantro- 1 bundle ripped from stems
- olive oil- 3-4 tablespoons
- minced garlic- 1 tablespoon
- saffron- 1 pinch
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat
- add cooked rice, garlic and saffron; and saute for about two minutes
- season with salt to taste
- add diced bell pepper and saute for another two minutes
- add cilantro and toss
Add crushed red peppers for a spicy version!
Fire Rice is the perfect side dish for these delicious recipes: